Collaborative Interdisciplinary Study for Science, Medicine and the Imagination (CISSMI) Research Group
CISSMI is a research collaboration between the Universities of Cardiff and Glamorgan, founded in 2009 by members of Cardiff’s School of History, Archaeology & Religion, Glamorgan University's Research Centre for Literature, Arts and Science (RCLAS), Glamorgan University's History Division. The research group encompasses staff from the humanities, social sciences, medicine and the biological sciences is dedicated to the study of the history of science (particularly the medical sciences) and the imagination (literary and cultural).
Besides the research activities of the group’s members, CISSMI supports a series of seminars and other research activities that allow for discussion and interaction around these key themes.
Dr Jane Finucane, Lecturer in History, University of Glamorgan
Dr Tracey Loughran, Lecturer in History, Cardiff School of History, Archaeology & Religion
Dr Fiona Reid, Senior Lecturer in History, University of Glamorgan
Dr Laurence Totelin, Lecturer in Ancient History, Cardiff School of History, Archaeology & Religion
- British Society for Literature and Science 2013 conference
- Off Sick: Narratives of Illness Past & Present
- Details of the seminar programme can be found at: http://literatureandscience.research.glam.ac.uk/cissmi/2009seminars/
- Glamorgan University Research Investment Scheme
- Cardiff Humanities Research Institute
- British Society for Science and Literature