Dr Santi Rozario
Position:Honorary Senior Research Fellow
- Gender relations in Bangladesh and South Asia in general
- Medical anthropology, including reproductive health issues in Bangladesh; genetic illness, religion and identity among British Bangladeshis
- Development studies: NGOs, microcredit and other development-related issues, mainly Bangladesh.
- Gender issues in Islamic societies and among Muslims in Western societies.
- 2013 Genetic Disorders and Islamic Identity Among British Bangladeshis. Sole-authored book. Durham, NC: Carolina Academic Press. www.cap-press.com/books/isbn/9781594609688/Genetic-Disorders-and-Islamic-Identity-among-British-Bangladeshis
- 2012 Special Issue of Culture and Religion, ‘Finding Muslim Partners, Building Islamic Lives: Young South Asian Muslims At Home and in the Diaspora,’ joint-edited with Geoffrey Samuel, vol.13, no.2, pp.137-272. www.tandfonline.com/toc/rcar20/13/2#.U7mQGBmWpv0
- 2011 Special issue of Contemporary Islam, ‘Islamic Piety and Gender Relationships among Contemporary Muslims’, joint-edited with Geoffrey Samuel, vol.5, no.3, September 2011 (pp.219-322). link.springer.com/journal/11562/5/3/page/1
- 2010 Special double issue of Women’s Studies International Forum, ‘From Village Religion to Global Networks: Women, Religious Nationalism and Sustainability in and beyond South Asia,’ joint-edited with Geoffrey Samuel, vol. 33, no.4: 301-432. www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/02775395/33/4
- 2006 Special issue on ‘Islam, Gender and Human Rights,’ joint-edited with Anne-Marie Hilsdon, Women’s Studies International Forum, vol 29, no.4 www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/02775395/29/4
- 2003 Return Migration In the Asia Pacific, edited jointly with Robyn Iredale and Fei Guo. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar.www.e-elgar.com/bookentry_main.lasso?id=3011
- 2002 The Daughters of Hariti: Childbirth and Female Healers in South and Southeast Asia, edited jointly with Geoffrey Samuel. London: Routledge. www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415277921/
- 2001 Purity and Communal Boundaries: Women, and Social Change in a Bangladeshi Village Dhaka: University Press Limited. Second edition with new introduction. www.uplbooks.com/book/purity-and-communal-boundaries-women-and-social-change-bangladeshi-village
- Genetics, Religion and Identity: A Study of Bangladeshi Muslims in Britain, funded by ESRC www.esrc.ac.uk/my-esrc/grants/R000239934/read
- The Challenge of Islam: Young Bangladeshis, Marriage and Family in Bangladesh and the UK, funded by ESRC www.bodyhealthreligion.org.uk/BAHAR/Islam-Bangladeshis.html