Dr Emma Lane - BSc PhD
- 2009-onwards, Lecturer in Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 2006-2009, Post-doctoral research associate, Brain Repair Centre, Department of Neuroscience, Cardiff University
Working with Prof Stephen Dunnett and Prof Anne Rosser I continued my work on L-dopa and post-transplantation dyskinesia contributing to two successful EU FP7 grant awards.
- 2004-2006, Post-doctoral research associate, Units of Neuronal Survival and Basal Ganglia Pathophysiology, Lund University, Sweden.
I spent 2 years in Sweden with the groups of Prof Patrik Brundin and Prof Angela Cenci developing, characterizing and working with a model of post-transplantation dyskinesia
- 2000-2004, PhD, King’s College London, UK
I had a BBSRC CASE award studentship with Prof Peter Jenner and Dr Sharon Cheetham (then Knoll Pharmaceuticals) on the potential of BTS 74398, a monoamine uptake inhibitor, as a possible anti-parkinsonian medication.
- 1996-2000, Pharmacology B.Sc. Honours 1st Class with industrial placement, University College London, UK.
Specialising in neuropharmacology options and spending an industrial year at Knoll Pharmaceuticals working on the pharmacology of the anti-obesity agent sibutramine.
Membership of professional bodies
- 2009-current, Society for Neuroscience
- 2008-current, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- 2004-current, NECTAR (Network of European CNS Transplantation and Restoration)
Board member from 2009
2010 - President-elect of NECTAR
- 2000-current, British Neuroscience Association