Back to: Project Management
Management of Portfolios (MoP®)
- Management of Portfolios (MoP®)
(7, 8, 9, 15 & 16 May 2013)
(8, 9, 10, 16 & 17 October 2014)
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
- Project Management Alumni
- Bespoke Courses
- All Courses
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Who We Are
This course considers the management of change projects and programmes from a strategic viewpoint. It provides an overview of all change activities including what is in the portfolio, what is it costing, what risks are faced, what progress is being made and what the impact is on business as usual and the organisation’s strategic objectives.
Who is it for?
- Members of management boards, senior management, departmental heads, directors of change, Senior Responsible Owners, Operational management
- Portfolio Directors, Portfolio Office, strategic planning teams, Portfolio, Programme, Business Change and Benefits Managers; Programme Office teams
- Business Case writers and project appraisers, Project Managers and Project teams
- Team functions, e.g. Finance, Procurement, Information Technology, Human Relations, Performance Management, Planning
What will I learn?
- MoP® context, principles, cycles, practices, techniques, roles and documentation.
- How to implement portfolio management and the approach that will best suit your organisation
Benefits of attending
- Understanding the differences between portfolios, programmes, projects, business-as-usual and how to build maturity in the implementation of better portfolio, programme and project management practices across the organization.
- Understanding the benefits of implementing and sustaining portfolio management in your organization.
- Performing your role within the portfolio more effective and informed manner, whether at a strategic, portfolio team, programme, project or operational team level…
Please note: The course is very intensive and will require additional evening and home study.
This course is run in partnership with pearcemayfield who is accredited by APM group to deliver this training.
MoP® is a Registered Trademark of AXELOS LimitedThe Swirl Logo™ is a trademark of the Cabinet Office