Back to: Project Management
Better Business Cases
- Business Case Workshop
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
- Project Management Alumni
- Bespoke Courses
- All Courses
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Who We Are
This one day course, accredited to Foundation certification level, is a systematic and objective approach to all stages of the business case development process. It sits alongside and complements HM Treasury’s ‘Green Book’ guidance.
Who is it for?
All those responsible for working with a Business Case, at any level or in any capacity, developing and producing spending proposals, or involved in their assessment of approval. This course will equip you to make better justifications for business investment in projects and programmes.
What will I learn?
- An improved understanding of the Better Business Case Process
- A valuable insight into an established and proven methodology which can be applied at both strategic and tactical levels
- A core business competency for any manager or co-ordinator
What will it cover?
- The Five Case Model, the UK government’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions
- Objective setting
- Running an Options Framework Analysis to ensure optimal balance between benefits, cost and risk
- How to put in place the arrangements necessary for successful proposal delivery
Benefits of attending:
- The Five Case Model is becoming and expected standard throughout public sector investment. Government Agencies and private sector suppliers will be at a distinct advantage using this framework
- Reduce unnecessary spend and optimise public value
- Reduce consultancy costs
- Gain faster throughput and a clear proportionate approval process
NOTE: The course concludes with the APMG accredited Foundation Examination. The Practitioner exam should be available from late November and at that time this course will be upgraded to THREE days duration. Details due to be announced shortly