Back to: Project Management
Better Business Cases™ - Practitioner Course
- Better Business Cases™ - Practitioner Course
(28th - 31st October 2014)
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
- Project Management Alumni
- Bespoke Courses
- All Courses
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Who We Are
Better Business Cases is a newly accredited course that has been developed by the Welsh Government and HM Treasury to ensure better value for money from public spending proposals. It provides a systematic and objective approach to developing a sound business case needed for any project or programme. This course introduces different types of business cases and explores how to develop an effective business case using the 5 Case Model. This product has now become an international standard.
Cardiff University offers courses at both Foundation level (a 1 day course) and Practitioner level (a 3.5 day course). Both the Foundation and Practitioner courses conclude with an examination, which is accredited by the APMG. The Practitioner course is inclusive of the Foundation content and examination.
For Foundation dates please follow this link: www.cardiff.ac.uk/learn/training/courses/project-management/better-business-cases-foundation//
Who is it for?
Anyone involved in developing a business case for the public sector, at any level or in any capacity, or those involved in their assessment of approval. It is also useful for anyone who works alongside the public sector as a consultant or service provider.
What will I learn?
- How to make better justifications for business investment in projects and programmes
- An improved understanding of the Better Business Case Process
- A valuable insight into an established and proven methodology which can be applied at both strategic and tactical levels
- A core business competency
What will it cover?
- The Five Case Model consisting of: the Strategic Case, the Economic Case, the Financial Case, the Commercial Case and the Management Case.
- An insight into the application of the UK government’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions
- Objective setting
- Running an Options Framework Analysis to ensure optimal balance between benefits, cost and risk
- How to put in place the arrangements necessary for successful proposal delivery
Benefits of attending:
The Five Case Model is becoming the expected standard throughout public sector investment. Government Agencies and private sector suppliers will be at a distinct advantage using this framework
Reduce unnecessary spend and optimise public value
Reduce consultancy costs
Gain faster throughput and a clear proportionate approval process
NOTE: All delegates will be required to complete considerable pre-course work.
APMG-International Better Business Cases™ is a Trade Mark of The APM Group Limited