Back to: Project Management
Better Business Cases™ - Practitioner Course
- Better Business Cases™ - Practitioner Course
(6, 7, 8, 9 July )
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
- Project Management Alumni
- Bespoke Courses
- All Courses
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Who We Are
Better Business Cases™ has been developed by the Welsh Government and HM Treasury to ensure better value for money from public spending proposals. It provides a systematic and objective approach to developing a sound business case using the 5 Case Model
Better Business Cases™ Practitioner is a 3 ½ day course that includes both the Foundation and Practitioner examinations. Accredited by the APM Group, this product has now become an international standard.
Who is it for?
Anyone involved in developing a business case for the public sector, at any level or in any capacity, or those involved in their assessment of approval. It is also useful for anyone who works alongside the public sector as a consultant or service provider.
What will it cover?
- The Five Case Model consisting of: the Strategic Case, the Economic Case, the Financial Case, the Commercial Case and the Management Case.
- An insight into the application of the UK government’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions
- Objective setting
- Running an Options Framework Analysis to ensure optimal balance between benefits, cost and risk
- How to put in place the arrangements necessary for successful proposal delivery
Benefits of attending:
The Five Case Model is becoming the expected standard throughout public sector investment. Government Agencies and private sector suppliers will be at a distinct advantage using this framework
Reduce unnecessary spend and optimise public value
Reduce consultancy costs
Gain faster throughput and a clear proportionate approval process
NOTE: All delegates will be required to complete considerable pre-course work.
APMG-International Better Business Cases™ is a Trade Mark of The APM Group Limited