Back to: Finance
- Understanding Accounts
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
This one day course has been designed to complement the Preparing Accounts course and will offer further insights into key accounting concepts. You will learn further definitions plus the basics needed to understand the profit/loss account, the balance sheet and the cash flow statement.
Who is it for?
- Those who would like to understand more about business accounts, especially small business owners.
What you will learn:
- Key accounting concepts to help you understand business accounts.
Benefits of attending:
- Learn key accounting definitions and terms.
- Understand how the profit/loss account is defined and constructed.
- Understand how the balance sheet is defined and constructed.
- Understand how the cash-flow statement is defined and constructed.
- Learn about accounting for bad debts, depreciation, accruals and prepayments and how adjustments are made for these.