Back to: Cardiff Business School
Six Sigma: Fast Track Yellow Belt Training - 2 Day course
- Fast Track Yellow Belt Training
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
Date: 3 & 4 November 2014
Trainer: Dr Maneesh Kumar
Location: Cardiff Business School
This two day course is part of the five day ‘Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training’ which is a very practical programme that enables attendees immediately to start applying tools and techniques for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes, irrespective of type or size of industry.
Attending the first two days of the programme will enable participants to achieve a yellow belt accreditation, whilst completing the five day programme allows progression to green belt.
No prior knowledge of Lean Six Sigma required for attending this course
What you will learn
Yellow Belts are people at the grass root level in the organization, i.e. shop-floor employees or supervisory team, that play a vital role in bringing cultural change in an organization and sustaining it on a long-term basis. A Yellow Belt typically has a basic knowledge of Six Sigma, but does not lead projects on their own. The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course is for people who are going to be involved in a Six Sigma project as a team member, assisting Black Belts and Green Belts executing sponsored projects. The Yellow Belt collects data, participates in problem-solving exercises and adds their personal experiences in resolving the complex problems in organizations.
- Understand the basic principles of Lean and Six Sigma and its key metrics
- Understand the Six Sigma DMAIC improvement methodology for problem solving
- Understand the Lean Six Sigma organizational infrastructure and its roles and responsibilities
- Appreciate the roles of Lean / Six Sigma tools and techniques for problem solving
- Understand the project selection methodology used within Lean / Six Sigma programme
To gain accreditation:
- Pass a multiple choice, open book exam at the end of day two.
- One resit is allowed during the event.