Back to: Language and Cultural Awareness
Meet and Greet - French
- Meet and Greet – French
Making visitors feel welcome and dealing with calls from clients or partners are key tasks of many front-of-house or reception staff in a wide range of sectors. What better way to achieve them than by greeting the visitors or contacts in their own language? This half day course will give delegates the basic language skills needed to enable them to greet guests on arrival, to be able to deal with basic telephone conversation and to give them tips and directions (whether to their room or around a venue). It will also develop participants’ cultural awareness.
Who is it for?
- Staff who welcome or receive calls from French-speaking visitors on a regular basis.
What you will learn:
- Key phrases needed to meet and greet visitors in French.
- How to conduct a basic telephone conversation in French.
- How to give basic directions in French.
- About cultural considerations and how to deal with them.
Benefits of attending:
- Ability to meet and greet visitors in their own language, with the opportunity for plenty of practice in a supportive environment.
- Increased confidence in dealing with international guests or telephone calls.
- Basic understanding of some building blocks of the language that can be developed with further study.
- Enhanced personal skills, particularly communication.
- Improved cultural awareness.