Level 2 (CQFW Level 5), 20 Credits.
We have 1 upcoming course
(Thursdays from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm)
Download Enrolment Form
- Thursdays from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- 20 weekly meetings
- Dr Luzia Dominguez
- Cardiff Centre for Lifelong Learning
Tel: 029 2087 0000
Fax: 029 2066 8935
- £294.00 (Concessionary Fee £235.00)
This is a course for students with an advanced level of Spanish.
Students will further develop their oral skills and will learn about the
different cultures of Spanish speaking countries. Topics will concentrate on contemporary issues.
- Some important events in Spanish History
- Hispanic music
- Contexts for conversation in Spanish
- Controversy in Spain (current affairs)
- Hispanic cinema
- Hispanic poetry
Learning and Teaching
This course will be taught in Spanish and students will consolidate both their active and passive linguistic skills. Materials will be provided.
Coursework and Assessment
To award credits we need to have evidence of the knowledge and skills you have gained or improved. Some of this has to be in a form that can be shown to external examiners so that we can be absolutely sure that standards are met across all courses and subjects.
You will not have formal examinations but you may have class tests. You may be asked to write assignments, keep a course journal or put together a portfolio. Our assessments are flexible to suit the course and the student.
The most important element of assessment is that it should enhance your learning. Our methods are designed to increase your confidence and we try very hard to devise ways of assessing you that are enjoyable and suitable for adults with busy lives.
Indicative Reading and Resource List:
- David Bruke, 1991: Street Spanish. How to Speak and Understand Spanish Slang.
- Library of Concress Cataloging-in-Publication Data.
- Francisca Castro Viúdez, 2007: Aprende Gramática y Vocabulario, SGEL.
- Javier Muñoz-Basols, Marianne David and Olga Núñez Piñeiro, 2010: Speed Up Your Spanish, Routledge.
- Mariarosa Pellicer Palacín, 2002: Luciérnagas. España (siglo XX) Visiones Hispanas, Vis-a-via S.L.
Library and Computing Facilities
As a student on this course you are entitled to join and use the University library and computing facilities. You can find out more about these facilities on our website www.cardiff.ac.uk/learn under Student Information, or by ringing the Centre on
(029) 2087 0000.
Accessibility of Courses
Our aim is access for all. We aim to provide a confidential advice and support service for any student with a long term medical condition, disability or specific learning difficulty. We are able to offer one-to-one advice about disability, pre-enrolment visits, liaison with tutors and co-ordinating lecturers, material in alternative formats, arrangements for accessible courses, assessment arrangements, loan equipment and Dyslexia screening. Please contact the Centre on (029) 2087 0000 for an information leaflet.
A range of further information can be found on our web site www.cardiff.ac.uk/learn or in Choices. This includes the times and dates of courses and an explanation of accreditation and credit levels.