Chinese for Essential Communication
Level 0 (CQFW Level 3), 10 Credits.
- This course is currently not being offered in the academic year 2015 - 2016.
Get the latest updates on our courses
Please use our subscription page to register your interest, and we will keep you updated on all relevant information and news about subjects you have chosen.
This is an elementary course for learning some survival Chinese, either for business purpose or self satisfaction. The nine sessions will introduce students to the core language expressions needed in most essential social contexts, including socializing, travelling and shopping. Related cultural knowledge will also be introduced.
The training of language skills will be situation-based, set in different contexts of day-to-day life in China. Thus, the students will be able to cultivate an awareness of cross culture communication while learning the language. They will participate in dialogues, role-plays and other interactive activities in class. Multimedia teaching facilities such as video, PowerPoint presentations and Internet resources will be used to enhance learning results.
- An 18 hour course
- No more than 14 students, guaranteed
- Pre-enrolment is essential
- Course materials provided on first session
- Extensive use of our digital language laboratories
- Audio material available throughout the summer via our on-line learning platform