Two day conference starts on:
Monday 29th October 2012 - 9:00am
Glamorgan Building, Cardiff University
For more information and registration visit:
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Alison Blay-Palmer, Assistant Professor, Wilfred-Laurier University
- Arthur Mol, Professor in Environmental Policy, Wageningen University
- James Meadowcroft, Professor in Public Policy, Carleton University
- Tony Capon, Head of Public Health, University of Canberra
- Hilkka Vihenen, Professor of Rural Policy, MTT Agrifood Research Finland
Coping with the adaptive changes necessary as a result of climate change and resource depletion becomes one of the main challenges facing the world in the second decade of the 21st century. Sustainability science has grown rapidly as an engaging interdisciplinary field in which to scientifically address these issues.
This conference wishes to focus on the problem of sustainable place-making; that is how integrated thinking can be developed and applied in different places and spaces so as to adapt systems of production and consumption and bring about transformative change.