Georgina is an economist interested in environmental and transport economics and policy, and more recently in gender studies. She has conducted research on environmental taxes for air and road transport and on delays at airports and traffic congestion on roads. She teaches modules at graduate and undergraduate level and is Editor-in-Chief of Research in Transportation Economics and a member of the Editorial Board of Transport Policy.
- PhD in Economics, Downing College, University of Cambridge.
- Master of Science in Environmental and Resource Economics, University College London.
- Licenciate in Economics, Universidad Nacional del Sur, Argentina.
- Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment and Transport Studies Unit, University of Oxford, Research Fellow, October '08 to June '10.
- School of Geography and the Environment and Transport Studies Unit, University of Oxford, Departmental Lecturer, September '04 to June '10.
- Department of Applied Economics, University of Cambridge, British Academy Post-Doctoral Fellow, held together with a Junior Research Fellowship at Wolfson College, September '01 to August '04.
- Newnham College, University of Cambridge, College Lecturer, October '01 to June '02.
- Department of Applied Economics, University of Cambridge, Research Assistant, October '97 to August '01.
- Department of Economics, University of Southampton, Research Assistant, October '96 to December '96.
- Editor-in-Chief of Research in Transportation Economics
- Member of the Editorial Board of Transport Policy
- Member of the Social Sciences Panel of the Newton International Fellowships of the British Academy
- Transport Pricing Session Track Organiser for World Conference of Transport Research Society 2013-16
- Associate Member of the World Conference of Transport Research Society Scientific Committee
- Member of the Congestion Pricing Committee, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies in the USA
- Friend of the Transportation Economics Committee, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies in the USA
Group Membership and Centre Affiliation
- Member of Spatial Analysis Research Group
- Associate member of Sustainable Places Research Institute, Cardiff University
- Senior Visiting Research Associate Transport Studies Unit, Oxford University
Interests / Areas of Expertise
Georgina is interested in environmental and transport economics and policy. She has conducted research on the internalisation of transport externalities, with a focus on air pollution, global warming, and traffic congestion; low carbon vehicle/fuel technologies and consumers’ choice and modal split. More recently she has become interested in gender studies, with a focus on gender and academic progression.
- Emission trading in the road transport sector in the EU
- Fuel taxation in the EU
- Congestion charging
- Workload coordinator
- Member of the Ethics Committee
- Member of the Innovation & Engagement Team
- Roberto Duran-Fernandez, 2005-2008
- Jian Liu, 2008-2012
I am always keen to hear from anyone interested in developing proposals for PhDs within my areas of expertise (transport economics, transport policy, environmental economics, environmental policy).
- BSc Geography (Human)
- BSc Geography (Human) and Planning
- MSc International Planning and Development
- MSc Transport and Planning
- CP0122. Development and Underdevelopment (Module leader)
- CP0327. Demography and Health (Module leader)
- CPT781. Development and Urbanisation Processes (Module leader)
- CPT874. Principles of Transport Economics (Module leader)
- CPT869. Researching Spatial Planning & International Development (Module leader)