Pharmacy Practice and Clinical Pharmacy
Pharmacy Practice and Clinical Pharmacy is a research area within which you can focus your studies as part of our suite of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences research programmes (MPhil, MD, PhD).
We aim to offer knowledge and expertise for a career in the pharmaceutical industry, academia or in primary/secondary care.
Mrs Wendy Davies
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 6419
- Informing and influencing the practice of pharmacy
- Development of policy around medicines usage and approval
- Patient perceptions
- Socioeconomic Research.
Areas of Expertise
Is in the development and application of health-related quality-of-life measures with which to evaluate the clinical effectiveness of various drug therapies in a number of diseases, such as Alzheimer’s-type dementia, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and cancer. A composite measure of health status is employed to evaluate patient outcomes using two methodological approaches: firstly, through hypothesis testing studies such as randomised controlled trials and secondly, through the routine application of quality-of-life measures in clinical decision-making (including prescribing) and patient monitoring.
Other research expertise includes:
- development of models for benefit/risk assessment of medicines
- drug treatment decision support systems
- issues relating to global pharmaceutical development and its regulation.