Marketing and Strategy
Marketing and Strategy is a research area within which you can focus your studies as part of our Business Studies PhD programme.
The Marketing and Strategy Section at Cardiff Business School undertakes and publishes innovative and original research on the formulation and implementation of effective market strategies at domestic and international levels. The Section will continue to produce contributions, useful to business practitioners, public policy makers and researchers in a wide range of fields.
- The Marketing and Strategy Section is proud of its close links with many regional, national and international organisations.
PhD Programme Office, Cardiff Business School
We offer a full range of expertise, but the following areas are of particular strength:
- International marketing
- Strategic marketing
- Consumer behaviour analysis (marketing)
- Services marketing
- Strategic management systems.
Further areas of expertise include:
- Consumer behaviour
- Business to Business
- Relationship marketing
- Creativity and product innovation management
- Digital media marketing
- Ethics, corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- International and cross-cultural marketing
- Marketing communications
- Retailing and service marketing.
A list of academic staff that can provide supervision can be found on the Cardiff Business School website.
The PhD programme will prepare you either for a career as a leading academic scholar or to excel in business practitioning or senior public policy decision making.