Knowledge representation and reasoning
Focus your studies on knowledge representation and reasoning through our Computer Science and Informatics research programmes (MPhil, PhD).
Studying for a PhD or MPhil in the area of Knowledge representation and reasoning will see you join the School as part of a successful team of researchers with a range of industrial partners and academic collaborators.
- Our longstanding, strong and dynamic research culture has given rise to our international reputation for world-class research.
- The School supports work in this area with a substantial investment in research facilities and infrastructure.
- Vibrant research culture that includes School and themed seminar programmes and conference/travel opportunities.
- Dedicated support and training to boost your research-themed knowledge and skills.
- Our strengths in machine learning include: text analytics, natural language processing and privacy-protection in data mining.
Our research covers a number of evolving, state-of-the-art topics, many of which are listed as priorities in our research:
When considering whether to joining us as a research student in this area, you should review these topics and activities to make sure that you have similar interests. Please contact a lead member of staff in this area to help identify a suitable supervisor with whom you can discuss the nature and direction of your research work.