Knowledge representation and reasoning
Focus your studies on knowledge representation and reasoning through our Computer Science and Informatics research programmes (MPhil, PhD).
Studying for a PhD or MPhil in the area of Knowledge representation and reasoning will see you join the School as part of a successful team of researchers with a range of industrial partners and academic collaborators.
- Our longstanding, strong and dynamic research culture has given rise to our international reputation for world-class research.
- The School supports work in this area with a substantial investment in research facilities and infrastructure.
- Vibrant research culture that includes School and themed seminar programmes and conference/travel opportunities.
- Dedicated support and training to boost your research-themed knowledge and skills.
- Our strengths in machine learning include: text analytics, natural language processing and privacy-protection in data mining.
Our research covers a number of evolving, state-of-the-art topics, many of which are listed as priorities in our research:
When considering whether to joining us as a research student in this area, you should review these topics and activities to make sure that you have similar interests. Please contact a lead member of staff in this area to help identify a suitable supervisor with whom you can discuss the nature and direction of your research work.
For programme structure, entry requirements and how to apply, visit the Computer Science and Informatics programme.View programme