AHRC South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership
The AHRC South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership (SWW2) is a consortium comprising Cardiff University, Aberystwyth University, Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales, Bath Spa University, University of Bristol, Cranfield University, University of Exeter, University of Reading, University of Southampton, and the University of the West of England.
Building on the strengths and partnerships developed under SWW1, SWW2 offers postgraduate studentships designed to train and prepare a new generation of professional researchers in the arts and humanities for a wide range of careers, including in academia and the cultural and industry sectors.
- Cultural and Museum Studies
- Law and Legal Studies
- Political Science and International Studies (Diplomacy and International Relations)
- Theology, Divinity and Religion
- Cultural Geography
- Media: New Media/Web-Based Studies
- Media: Film History, Theory and Criticism
- Media: Television History, Theory and Criticism
- Drama and Theatre Studies
Design and arts
- Visual Arts: Fine Art History, Theory and Practice
- Visual Arts: Applied Arts History, Theory and Practice
- Visual Arts: Digital Arts and Photography History, Theory and Practice
- Visual Arts (covering Art Theory & Aesthetics; Community Art; Installation and Sound Art History, Theory and Practice; Film-Based and Time-Based History, Theory and Practice)
- Visual Arts: Art History
Language and cultural studies
- Languages and Literature (including American Studies, Life-writing, History and Development of English Language, Literary and Cultural Theory, Post-Colonial Studies, Comparative Literature, Medieval Literature, Comparative Studies, Gender and Sexuality)
- Languages and Literature: Asiatic and Oriental Studies
- Languages and Literature: Ethnography and Anthropology
- Languages and Literature: Celtic Studies
- Languages and Literature: Creative Writing
- Cultural Studies (Policy, Arts Management and Creative Industries)
- Cultural Studies and Popular Culture
Collaboration between member universities and partner organisations is central to the DTP’s ethos, and you will be supported by a co-supervisory team based in Cardiff University and another consortium institution. You will also benefit from access to the Partnership’s collective resources and training opportunities.
Contact us and indicate your interest in AHRC South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership funding and if you want to be kept up-to-date with any further studentships that are published under this scheme.
For more information, please see the official South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership website.