Available to: undergraduates
A small part-catered hall of residence very close to the City Centre and Cathays Park campus.
Senghennydd Hall is a part catered residence situated within a very short distance of the Cathays Park campus and ideal for students studying Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy, Engineering or Computer Science. The evening meal service provides students with a hot meal Monday to Friday except during vacations. Generally the meals are served between 4.30pm – 7.30pm Monday to Thursday and 4.30pm - 6:30pm on Fridays at the nearby Trevithick Restaurant in the Queen’s Buildings.
Distance to campuses
|Main Building||Heath Park campus|
|Distance||0.5 miles||1.75 miles|
|Walking||10 minutes||35 minutes|
|Cycling||5 minutes||17 minutes|
Park Place, Cardiff Bus 95
Please note: the timings given above are only provided as a guide.
|Supermarket||City Centre (Sainsburys)|
|Fast food||City Centre|
|Sports facilities||Cardiff University Fitness and Conditioning Centre
View all of the University's sports facilities
- Part catered (evening meal provided 16:30-19:30 Monday to Thursday and 16:30-18:30 on Friday at Trevithick Restaurant.)
Please note: meals are not provided during vacations or on bank holidays
- Shared kitchen/dining areas
- Flats for 6-11 students
- Network connection point and Wi-Fi access
- Bicycle sheds
- Quiet living option for undergraduates (shared flats/houses with other students who have also expressed an interest in a quiet living environment)
- 3 rooms are equipped with a flashing alarm and a vibrating pillow, suitable for those with a hearing impairment
- 1 x studio (self contained room with own kitchen - self catered)
- Wi-Fi available for partners/spouses. Only registered students can use the network connection point
All couples/families are expected to seek alternative accommodation for subsequent years as the period of residence cannot be extended beyond the first year.
Standard residential period (September to June)
|Part-catered ensuite||£5729.58||(3 X £1909.86)|
|Self-catered studio||£5860.24||(2 X £1953.41 and 1 X £1953.42)|
Assistant Residences Manager
- +44 (0)29 2087 4864
Senior Assistant Residences Manager
- +44 (0)29 2087 4865
- +44 (0)29 2087 4863
How to apply
Learn how to apply and if you're eligible for guaranteed University accommodation.
|No parking within a three mile radius|
+44 (0)29 2087 5709