All of our sports centres and activities are available to hire by the public and businesses.
Following the COVID-19 update from the Welsh Government on Friday 31 July 2020, we can confirm the following timescales for the reopening of the Sport facilities at the University:
- Outdoor and indoor sport facilities (including the fitness gym) reopen at the University Sports Training Village (Talybont) from 10.30am on Monday 10 August 2020.
- Outdoor sport facilities reopen at the University Sports Fields (Llanrumney) from Monday 10 August 2020.
- University Fitness & Conditioning Centre (Senghennydd Road fitness gym) reopens from Tuesday 1 September 2020.
- Studio 49 dates TBC (subject to Fitness Class programme).
We look forward to welcoming you to our facilities. To minimise COVID-19 risk and ensure the safety of our users and staff, all are welcome if they:
- are COVID-19 symptom-free
- maintain social distancing
- wash hands regularly and thoroughly
- sanitise all equipment used before and after use
- follow the guidance and instructions displayed in the facility and provided by staff
- undertake activities as outlined by National Governing Bodies of each sport.
Ahead of reopening, facility bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance by calling us on 029 2087 4675. For other booking enquiries please email us on email@example.com
We ask that those members wishing to use the fitness gyms also call in advance on 029 2087 4675 to book your 50-minute session. Bookings will be taken on the hour. Entrance will be controlled to manage social distancing. Please note that changing rooms and showers will not be available as we phase our reopening in line with COVID-19 guidance so please arrive gym/game ready.
Opening hours from Monday 10 August 2020 will be:
Participate in both elite and recreational sport alongside your study, with over 60 clubs and four dedicated sports centres on campus.
Join before you arrive to start exercising and make new friends as soon as you get here.
Gain access to a variety of indoor and outdoor activities across four University sports centres.
Our programmes provide exclusive access to quality coaching and training within a player development pathway.
We host a wide range of exciting fitness classes at Studio 49.