Resilient Cities in Fragile Contexts Research Network
Developing new insights to strengthen the resilience of towns and cities against future challenges.
Securing the resilience of our towns and cities against shocks and stresses is vital for safeguarding their security for the future. By uniting researchers across disciplinary boundaries, our network aims to expand our understanding of what strengthens the resilience of cities, seeking to critically extend the frontiers of resilience research.
- To foster a collaborative community of engaged researchers
- To generate cross-disciplinary insights into the resilience of cities in fragile contexts
- To promote and publicise the university’s expertise in the field of resilience
- To engage with communities and policy or business actors who wish to develop and share their own knowledge of city resilience
- To develop opportunities for undertaking further research together and with partners from practice, policy and academia
Our research network draws together expertise from across the three colleges of the university - combining perspectives from the arts, engineering, humanities and science. Our multi-disciplinary research focuses on understanding vulnerable places that lack the resources to invest in resilience, with the ultimate aim to form new practices that will strengthen their resilience against future shocks and stresses.
Members of the network are actively engaged in research agendas across the Global South. We seek to create collaborations that draw out new and alternative perspectives addressing resilience.