Productivity Insights Network
Assessing the state of productivity research in the UK.
The new network will assess the state of productivity research in the UK.
Improving our understanding of the factors affecting our productivity and informing the development of new strategies and research.
As well as providing leadership and being a forum for collaboration, the network will:
- pull together interdisciplinary research groups and other networks in academia, policymaking and business
- promote the use of innovative methods
- develop a series of small-scale studies
- complement (and collaborate with) existing research agendas, whether or not they are ESRC-funded
- contribute to policy development
- run small scale competitions to allocate funding to academics outside of the network to undertake relevant projects.
The Productivity Insights Network is led by Sheffield University Management School, with a total of nine universities involved:
- University of Sheffield
- University of Cambridge
- Cardiff University
- University of Strathclyde
- Durham University
- University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- University of Leeds
- University of Essex
Professor Huggins leads a research theme concerned with technology, innovation and competitiveness.
The project team
This research was made possible through the support of the following organisations: