X-CLARITY Tissue Clearing System
The X-CLARITY tissue clearing system is a collection of automated systems and ready-to-use reagents designed to clear biological tissues for downstream imaging applications.
|Make/model||Logos Biosystems X-CLARITY|
|Details||The X-CLARITY tissue clearing system is a collection of automated systems and ready-to-use reagents designed to clear biological tissues for downstream imaging applications.|
|Facility||Bioimaging Research Hub|
|School||School of Biosciences|
|Typical uses||The X-Clarity system is used primarily for Lightsheet microscopy.|
Internal users can book the equipment using the shared Outlook calendar ‘BIOSI – X-CLARITY’. Details of how to book equipment through Outlook.
Please keep to your allotted booking time. You will be charged for the time that you have reserved the instrument for, irrespective of usage.
Cancellations should be made at least 24 hours in advance. If you fail to turn up for a booking you will be charged.
For costs information, please contact the Academic lead for Imaging:
Dr Pete Watson
Phone: +44 (0)29 2087 9042
For information about training and support, please contact:
Dr Catherine Hogan
All users are expected to observe the following rules and regulations. Failure to comply will result in loss of access rights:
- Food and drink are not permitted within the facility.
- All waste material (including laboratory gloves) should be properly disposed of outside of the facility.
- Coats and bags when left on the floor in a low light environment represent a tripping hazard. Either hang them on the internal door hooks or, better still, do not bring them into the imaging suites.
- Do not use any equipment that you have not been properly trained for. All users should familiarise themselves with the appropriate risk assessments for the procedures being undertaken.
- All USB data storage devices must be virus checked before plugging them into any of our systems.
- All systems should be correctly powered down at the end of your session and usage correctly logged in the database.
Get in touch
Dr Catherine Hogan
- +44 (0)29 2068 8505
Hadyn Ellis Building