Upright brightfield microscope
The Bioimaging Unit operates a number of widefield research microscopes housed within a recently refurbished microscopy suite.
These systems offer a variety of optical contrast techniques and are all equipped with digital image capture.
The Leica DMRB is suitable for brightfield microscopy.
This system is available with or without technical support.
|Make/model||Leica DMRB brightfield photomicroscope|
|Details||Suitable for general brightfield photomicroscopy.|
|Facility||Bioimaging Research Hub|
The instrument has x1.6, x2.5, x5, x10, x20 and x40 dry lenses and a x100 oil immersion lens and is equipped with a Jenoptik Progres SpeedXT core3 colour digital camera and Progres CapturePro software.
- 1.6x/0.05 Plan Fl
- 2.5x/0.07 Plan Fl
- 5x/0.12 Plan Fl
- 10x/0.30 Plan Fl
- 20x/0.50 Plan Fl
- 40x/0.70 Plan Fl
- 100x/1.30 Plan Fl Oil
Internal users can book the equipment using the shared ‘BIOSI - Leica DMRB’ Outlook calendar.
Please keep to your allotted booking time. You will be charged for the time that you have reserved the instrument for, irrespective of usage. The minimum booking time is 1 hour.
Cancellations should be made at least 24 hours in advance. If you fail to turn up for a booking you will still be charged.
Supported use: £25.00 (30 minute induction)
Unsupported use: £5.00 per hour
For costs for external users please contact the Academic lead for Imaging:
Dr Pete Watson
Phone: +44 (0)29 2087 9042
All users must be trained and registered by Bioimaging Unit staff before using any of the instruments within the Unit.
For assistance in costings and pricings for grant preparation, please contact the School of Biosciences Finance Officer:
Miss Janet Davies
Phone: +44 (0)29 2087 4167
To comply with Cardiff University Health and Safety Policy, individuals must receive appropriate training before using any of the imaging equipment within the Bioimaging Unit and be aware of the risks involved in its use.
If top-up training is required, please notify Unit staff when making a booking and this can be provided prior to your planned session.
Rules and regulations
All users of the Bioimaging Unit are expected to observe the following rules and regulations. Failure to comply will result in loss of access rights.
- Food and drink are not permitted within the facility.
- All waste material (including laboratory gloves) should be properly disposed of outside of the facility – we are not responsible for your waste.
- Coats and bags when left on the floor in a low light environment represent a tripping hazard. Either hang them on the internal door hooks or, better still, do not bring them into the imaging suites.
- Do not use any equipment that you have not been properly trained for. All users should familiarise themselves with the appropriate risk assessments for the procedures being undertaken.
- All USB data storage devices must be virus checked before plugging them into any of our systems.
- All systems should be correctly powered down at the end of your session and usage correctly logged in the database.
- Please keep to your allotted booking time. You will be charged for the time that you have reserved the instrument for, irrespective of usage. The minimum booking time is 1 hour.
- Cancellations should be made at least 24 hours in advance. If you fail to turn up for a booking you will be charged.
Dr Anthony J Hayes
- +44 (0)29 2087 6611
Sir Martin Evans Building