Imaris PC workstation
This is a software package of advanced rendering and analysis tools for 3D/4D microscopy datasets.
The software package contains the following modules:
- Imaris Track
- Imaris Coloc
- Imaris XT
- Imaris Vantage
- Imaris Filament Tracer
The workstation is available for remote access across the University campus or via VPN. Contact the Bioimaging Hub for details.
|Make/model||Bitplane Imaris 9.3 C1 for Cell Biologists|
|Details||PC workstation running Imaris 9.3 C1 for Cell Biologists. This is a software package of advanced rendering and analysis tools for 3D/4D microscopy datasets suitable for researchers requiring a broad range of functionality to study cells and tissues.|
|Facility||Bioimaging Research Hub|
Full technical details and examples are available via the Imaris website:
Internal users can book the workstation using the shared 'BIOSI - Imaris PC Workstation' Outlook calendar.
Please keep to your allotted booking time. You will be charged for the time that you have reserved the workstation for, irrespective of usage. The minimum booking time is 1 hour.
Cancellations should be made at least 24 hours in advance. If you fail to turn up for a booking you will be charged.
- Supported use: £25.00 (30 minute induction)
- Unsupported use: £6 per hour
For costs for external users please contact the Academic lead for Imaging:
Dr Pete Watson
Phone: +44 (0)29 2087 9042
All users must be trained and registered by Bioimaging Unit staff before using any of the instruments within the Unit.
For assistance in costings and pricings for grant preparation, please contact the School of Biosciences Finance Officer:
Miss Janet Davies
Phone: +44 (0)29 2087 4167
All users of the Bioimaging Unit are expected to observe the following. If they fail to comply they will lose their access rights:
- Food and drink are not permitted within the facility.
- All waste material (including laboratory gloves) should be properly disposed of outside of the facility – we are not responsible for your waste.
- Coats and bags when left on the floor in a low light environment represent a tripping hazard. Either hang them on the internal door hooks or, better still, do not bring them into the imaging suites.
- Do not use any equipment that you have not been properly trained for. All users should familiarise themselves with the appropriate risk assessments for the procedures being undertaken.
- All USB data storage devices must be virus checked before plugging them into any of our systems.
- All systems should be correctly powered down at the end of your session and usage correctly logged in the database.
- Please keep to your allotted booking time. You will be charged for the time that you have reserved the instrument for, irrespective of usage. The minimum booking time is 1 hour.
- Cancellations should be made at least 24 hours in advance. If you fail to turn up for a booking you will be charged.
Get in touch
Dr Anthony J Hayes
- +44 (0)29 2087 6611
Sir Martin Evans Building