Service design training course
This 1-day course will provide you with an understanding of the core concepts of Service Design.
You will learn tools which help you to better understand your customers so that you can reorientate your services to better deliver what your customers want and need.
Enrol on this course
|Start date||Days and times|
|22 November 2022|
Who it’s for
- Anybody who is involved in delivering services to customers
- Managers and Change Practitioners who want to lead workers through a process of service improvement
- Improvement specialists who want to understand how to include service design principles into their improvement approach.
What you’ll learn
- Principles of Service Design
- Key expert contributions in the field
- Case studies of successful service design
- Tools which help you to practice service design.
- What is Service Design?
- How does it fit with other improvement methodologies that we know?
- The Five Principles of Service Design
- ‘User Centred’ or Customer Centricity – Getting into the mind of the customer
- Developing Personas
- Customer Safaris
- Service Blueprinting
- Customer Heartbeats
- The Double Diamond framework
- Lou Downe’s Principles of Good Services.
- Provide you with the ability to examine your current service offering and understand where and how to improve the service experience
- Greater appreciation of the importance of customer centricity
- Provide you with a range new concepts to add to your improvement toolkit.
Teaching and useful information
Workshop delivered by Sarah Lethbridge from Cardiff Business School.
Sarah is the Pro Dean of External Engagement at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University. She has worked on numerous lean projects in hospitals, universities and public and private services and has taught lean and improvement to lots of different organisations and consultancies. Her improvement work specialises in helping to develop the knowledge and self-sufficiency of Continuous Improvement teams.
- We will confirm timings, provide learning materials, and other information in the two weeks leading up to your course
- The course will be taught in person, COVID-19 guidelines allowing.
To be confirmed - this course will either be held at the Executive Education suite or the new sbarc|spark building on Maindy Road.