I am a Colombian Urban Designer and Researcher, holding a B.A. (Hons) Architecture from Universidad de los Andes (Bogotá) and a M.Sc. Building and Urban Design in Development from UCL (London). I have project experience in Colombia, UK and Myanmar on issues related to housing, urban design and development, mostly from joint efforts between academia and private practice.
At the moment, I am working on two research projects with professor Aseem Inam at the Welsh School of Architecture: one about Las Vegas and another one on Informal Urbanisms.
I speak English, Spanish, German and I'm currently learning Welsh and Catalan.
I hold a B.A. (Hons) Architecture from Universidad de los Andes (Bogotá) and a M.Sc. Building and Urban Design in Development from UCL (London). I have project experience both as an urban designer and a researcher in Colombia, UK and Myanmar on the following issues:
- Affordable housing projects by Family Compensation Funds in Colombia.
- Quality assessment of social housing projects in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Anti-gentrification strategies in London.
- Collaborative people-centred slum upgrading strategies in Yangon, Myanmar.
- Refugee integration and self-reliance in Europe (research).
- Urban analysis tools for humanitarian response (research).
- Ethics of urban design practice (research).
Personal research interests include:
- Space, politics and social integration
- Social housing and urban design practice
- Humanitarian response in cities