Dr Sarah Milosevic
I am a Qualitative Research Associate at the Centre for Trials Research, College of Biomedical and Life Sciences, Cardiff University. I am currently working on the PLACEMENT (Perineural Local Anaesthetic Catheter after major lower limb amputation trial), PriMUS (Primary care management of lower urinary tract symptoms in men) and POOL (Evaluating the safety of waterbirths) studies.
I started my research career at the Association for Dementia Studies, University of Worcester, where I completed my doctoral research exploring access to self-directed social care by people with dementia. Following my PhD I worked in government policy research roles for several years before returning to academia.
I have a strong interest in qualitative research in health and social care, particularly in applying qualitative methods to trials research to help better understand the patient experience.
- Research Associate, Centre for Trials Research, Cardiff University, 2018 - present
- Research Officer, Qualifications Wales, 2016 - 2018
- Fast Stream Social Researcher, Office for National Statistics, 2015 - 2016
- FOI Information & Records Manager, States of Jersey Government, 2014 - 2015
- Research Assistant, Association for Dementia Studies, University of Worcester, 2013 - 2014
- PhD Social Policy, Association for Dementia Studies, University of Worcester, 2015
- PGCert Research Methods (Merit), University of Worcester, 2012
- MSc Housing & Professional Practice, Cardiff University, 2009
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, Swansea University, 2007
- Exploring access to direct payments by people with dementia living in rural communities. British Society of Gerontology 42nd annual conference (Emerging Researchers in Ageing), Oxford (2013)
- How has the personalisation of social care impacted on service users with dementia? People, Policy and Practice Research Focus conference, Worcester (2013)
Committees and reviewing
- Research reviewer, Healthwise Wales
- Conference abstract reviewer, British Educational Research Association
- Book reviewer, Ageing & Society
PLACEMENT: Perineural Local Anaesthetic Catheter after major lower limb amputation trial - A phase II randomised controlled feasibility study looking at a new way of managing pain following amputation. www.cardiff.ac.uk/centre-for-trials-research/research/studies-and-trials/view/placement
PriMUS: Primary care management of lower urinary tract symptoms in men - Development and validation of a diagnostic and clinical decision support tool. www.primus-study.co.uk/
POOL: Evaluating the safety of waterbirths. www.cardiff.ac.uk/centre-for-trials-research/research/studies-and-trials/view/pool