Dr Frank Langbein
I am a lecturer in Computer Science at Cardiff University leading the Quantum Technologies and Engineering (QuTeE) research priority area and a member of Visual Computing research group. My research interests lie in the areas of control, machine learning, geometry and modelling applied in quantum technologies, computer-aided design and visual computing. See my web site Ex Tenebris Scientia for recent results and full details.
- 2003: PhD (Computer Science, Geometric Modelling), Cardiff University, UK.
- 1998: Diploma in Mathematics (comparable to MSc), Stuttgart University, Germany.
- 1999 - present: Cardiff University School of Computer Science and Informatics
- 1994 - 1999: Stuttgart University, Mathematical Institute A & B
- 1991 - 1996: Ower fo small computer business
- American Mathematical Society
My research interests lie in the areas of control, machine learning, geometry and modelling applied in quantum technologies, computer-aided design and visual computing. I am working on controlling, modelling, indentifying and simluating quantum systems, with applications in spin dymamics for spintronics, networking and magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy. My work further encompasses geometric and solid modelling, processing of meshes, curves and surfaces, pattern recognition, graphics, and computational geometry. Special interests include point-based modelling, design intent of geometric models, approximate symmetries and reverse engineering geometric models.