- B52, Aberconway Building, Colum Road, Cathays, Cardiff, CF10 3EU
I am a postgraduate researcher in the department of Logistics and Operations Management. My research examines how lean is diffused from manufacturing operations to the wider organisation.
- PhD (2022) Business Studies
- MSc (2017) Social Science Research Methods
- MBA (2015) Business Administration
- BA Hons (2013) Business Administration
- BA (2013) Business Administration
- Operational Excellence
- Continuous Improvement
- BS1002 Operations Management (BSc)
- BST828 Lean Operations (MSc)
Diffusing lean from manufacturing operations to the wider organisation: lessons learnt from the experiences of middle management within a UK medical manufacturer
To date, previous research has insufficiently covered the scenario in which lean is internally diffused from manufacturing operations to the wider organisation. At the same time, no distinction is usually made upon the different hierarchical levels when researching lean, although it is widely accepted that the middle management layer is central to its implementation and sustainability. Accordingly, my research project aims (1) to understand how lean is diffused from manufacturing operations to the wider organisation and (2) to learn from the experiences of middle managers how it can be sustained.