Free courses for adult learners
19 October 2023
Fee Waiver Update
Adult learners can study a course at Lifelong Learning at Cardiff University and the fees will be paid by the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW).
The eligibility criteria has recently been widened to encourage more people to return to the classroom to improve their CV, prepare for degree studies or just for the love of learning! One important change to note, is that students who have already been awarded a degree can now also apply for a fee waiver.
If you are in receipt of DWP benefits, or you have been registered as a job-seeker for six weeks, or
you belong to a group which is considered under-represented in higher education your course could be free.
To be eligible you:
- Must not study more than 20 credits in this academic year
- Must be living in Wales
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are from an area of socio-economic deprivation or low participation in higher education
- You receive qualifying benefits such as Universal Credit
- You belong to a Black, Asian or minority ethnic group
- You are a refugee or asylum seeker
- You have a disability
- You are a carer
- You are a care leaver or care experienced
- Your parents/guardians are not educated to higher education level
- You are LGBTQ+
Courses at Lifelong Learning will inspire and challenge you. Tutors will provide excellent tuition and encourage you to reach your potential.
More information about the fee waiver can be found here
Details of courses planned for 2024 can be found here