Free part-time study
28 November 2022
Adult learners could be eligible to study a course at Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) and the fees will be paid by the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW).
The eligibility criteria has recently been widened to encourage more people to return to the classroom. The Student Fee Waiver will support students who feel that traditionally higher education was not an option for them. One important change to note, is that students who have already been awarded a degree can now also apply for a fee waiver.
If you are in receipt of DWP benefits, or you have been registered as a job-seeker for six weeks, or you belong to a group which is considered under-represented in higher education your course could be free.
To be eligible you:
- Must not study more than 20 credits in this academic year
- Must be living in Wales
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are from an area of socio-economic deprivation or low participation in higher education
- You receive qualifying benefits such as Universal Credit
- You belong to a Black, Asian or minority ethnic group
- You are a refugee or asylum seeker
- You have a disability
- You are a carer
- You are a Care Leaver or Care Experienced
- Your Parents/guardians are not educated to higher education level
More information about the fee waiver can be found here
Details of courses planned for 2023 can be found here