Lively short courses held for MDA and DPP students
31 January 2020
They comprised workshops and seminars on a range of current topics, including professional appointments, design team integration, design management (including the role of the BIM manager), the RIBA Plan of Work 2020, and included presentations on China, Australia, Nigeria, Rwanda, UAE, NY and Singapore (many live streamed). Sessions were also run on case studies, interview technique and presentation skills.
Many thanks to all contributors for their fascinating seminars and engaging workshops:
- Nyasa Beale, SB+C Architecture, NY
- Korede Coker, Adeniyi Coker Consultants Limited, Nigeria
- Jeff Cooke, Strathfield Council, Sydney
- Alison Coutinho, Brick by Brick
- Karen Rogers, Ekkist
- Professor Stephen Emmitt, University of Bath
- Robert Firth, ActionCOACH
- Nektarios Fotopoulos, LOM architecture and design
- Ning Jia, Cardiff University
- Vanessa Liaw, Turner and Townsend, Singapore
- Professor Aymen Masadeh, British University in Dubai
- David Palmeri, Plan A
- Murtaza Rizvi, BDP
- Carys Rowlands, RIBA
- Dale Sinclair, AECOM.
Nektarios Fotopoulos (contributor) commented:
‘Such a great experience full of exciting talks by a very interesting group of professionals. It has been an honour to be a small part of the new MDA (Master in Design Administration) of Cardiff University, whose quality is outstanding. Also, it has been inspiring to present and discuss about BIM Management with all of the students (some of which travel across the globe to attend the course) and the other guest lecturers.’
Both the MDA and DPP are now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 session. For all enquiries please contact Professor Sarah Lupton at Lupton@cardiff.ac.uk.