Outstanding Doctoral Supervisor
18 May 2018
A Public Management expert has been recognized for his immense contribution to doctoral supervision at Cardiff University’s Enriching Student Life Awards.
Dr Michael Marinetto, from Cardiff Business School, picked up the Outstanding Doctoral Supervisor Award alongside 13 members of staff and students from across the University recognized at an annual ceremony which rewards nominees’ commitment to enriching the student experience.
This year over 600 nominations were received for the 14 awards, a new University record.
In addition to Dr Marinetto, the long list of nominations featured eight members of staff and two students from Cardiff Business School:
- Dr Eleri Rosier – Most Innovative Member of Staff
- Dr Jane Lynch – Most Uplifting Staff Member
- Dr Sergey Popov – Most Uplifting Member of Staff
- Dr Bahman Rostami-Tabar – Most Uplifting Member of Staff
- Gwen Thomas – Most Uplifting Member of Staff and Student Rep Coordinator of the Year
- Eleanor Dart – Most Uplifting Staff Member and Most Innovative Member of Staff
- Dr Ahmad Jamal – Outstanding Doctoral Supervisor
- Natalie Forde-Leaves – Personal tutor of the Year
- Adam Jones – AHSS Academic Rep of the Year
- Syed Anas Ahmed – AHSS Academic Rep of the Year
Organized by the Students’ Union the Enriching Student Life Awards took place in the Great Hall on Thursday 3 May.