Meezan Scholarships eligibility criteria and terms
To be eligible for the Meezan Scholarship you must:
- be domiciled in Pakistan (or have been displaced due to the flooding) and be a Pakistani national
- be self-financed and not in receipt of non-repayable funding from alternative sources
- be holding an offer for an eligible postgraduate taught degree commencing in September 2023 at the point of submitting a scholarship application
- be classed as an international fee-paying student
- accept your offer by 30 June 2023
- have submitted the scholarship application by 31 May 2023
- meet all your offer conditions (if applicable), including any English Language conditions, as stated in your offer by 20 August 2023
Applicants who do not meet the conditions of their offer will not be eligible for the Meezan Scholarship, even if they are accepted into the University.
Terms and conditions
1. The Cardiff University Meezan Scholarship (‘the scholarship’) is a full-fee award only available to students entering into an eligible master's degree programme.
- 1.1. The scholarship will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount only. No cash alternative is available.
- 1.2. Only Pakistani nationals domiciled in Pakistan will be eligible for the award.
- 1.3. Domicile is defined as where you have been ordinarily resident for a three-year period or longer before the start of the course. This does not include where you are living for study purposes, should you be studying outside of the place where you are otherwise ordinarily resident. See UKCISA for more information.
2. Applications will be assessed on the quality of supporting statements and will be required to confirm acceptance of the scholarship within 14 days of it being awarded. Failure to accept within this period may result in the award being reallocated.
- 2.1. Applicants who are awarded a scholarship but do not meet their offer conditions will have the scholarship rescinded.
3. The Scholarship is for entry into Cardiff University in the autumn semester of the academic year 2023/24 only and cannot be used for any other year of entry.
- 3.1. If you are a deferred offer holder, you must have met the standard entry criteria for your programme for 2023/24 entry to be considered for the scholarship.
- 3.2. If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to the University your scholarship will not be transferred. However, you will be eligible to apply for scholarships applicable for 2024/25 entry.
4. If you are a student studying a Pre-Sessional English Programme at Cardiff University, your Pre-Sessional English results will not be released until after the 20 August 2023 deadline and, therefore, you will not be eligible for an award.
5. Future requests for further funding will not be considered under this scheme.
6. Applicants who are in receipt of any other scholarship, bursary, funding or discount will not be eligible for this Scholarship.
7. The Scholarship is available for full-time and Cardiff campus-based programmes only.
8. You must be confirmed as an Overseas Student for fee-paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter*).
9. The Scholarship is only available to self-funded students.
- 9.1. If you are in receipt of funding (consisting of either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external body which will be invoiced by the University for fees (such as Government, charity or a private organisation) you are not eligible for the Scholarship. Students in receipt of educational loans are eligible for the award.
10. The Scholarship is not available for students who are coming to study at Cardiff University for a semester or full year as part of a degree at another institution.
11. The Scholarship is not available to students who are initially awarded the scholarship but, following enrolment at the University, subsequently transfer to an academic programme which is not eligible for the award of the scholarship.
- 11.1 Scholarships will be awarded to students holding offers on the following programmes only. If you change programme once enrolled at Cardiff University funding will be rescinded.
- MA Architectural Design
- MA Urban Design
- MSc Applied Environmental Geology
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Environmental Hazards
- MSc in Building and Infrastructure Information Modelling for Smart Engineering
- MSc in Civil and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- MSc in Civil and Water Engineering
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Structural Engineering
- MSc Sustainability, Planning and Environmental Policy
- MSc Urban and Regional Development
- MSc Water in a Changing World
12. The Scholarship is not available for students coming to study at Cardiff University via a partnership or progression agreement with their home institution.
13. Successful applicants will be required to engage with the International Office to produce promotional content about their experience as an international students at Cardiff. This may include written pieces/blogs and video content as well as participation in occasional webinars or other online activities.
14. You must be able to satisfy all financial requirements as part of your visa application for study in the UK. You should not be solely relying on receiving the Scholarship to meet the UKVI financial requirements. Further information on UKVI financial requirements for visa applications can be found online on the Visas and immigration page.
15. Please ensure that you leave sufficient time for your application and supporting documents to be reviewed and processed before the acceptance deadline noted above. This can take up to 10 working days. Please contact the Admissions Office should you have any problems submitting your application or documents. Tel: +44 (0) 2920 879999 – office hours are 09:00 – 17:00 GMT, Monday – Friday.
If you are not sure about your eligibility for these scholarships or have any queries, please contact the International Office for advice at firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you are assessed as eligible to pay Home fees as the result of a fee query, your fee status will be amended to Home and you will not be eligible for the scholarship.