The Data Innovation Accelerator was a Cardiff University (CU) project funded by the European Regional Development Fund through Welsh Government which ran from October 2018 – October 2021.
Members of the team were seconded or recruited into the Data Innovation Accelerator project and many have since moved onto further data science roles in the public sector, fintech and other enterprises within Wales, many of whom we collaborated with in the DIA.
Professor Roger Whitaker and Professor Pete Burnap are the inspiration behind the Data Innovation Accelerator. Both have extensive experience supporting solutions for large and small businesses.
Data science team
Our data science team is led by Dr Andrew Washbrook and Dr Ceri White. The team has a range of skills and experience in data science, statistics and programming.
- Dr Andrew Washbrook - Senior Data Scientist
- Dr Ceri White - Senior Data Scientist
- Dr Lowri Williams - Data Scientist
- Dr Michael Holmes - Data Scientist
- Emily Elias - Data Scientist
- Dimitra Mavridou - Data Scientist
- Gillian Baird - Data Scientist
- Sachin Galahitiya - Data Scientist
Project management team
Our project management team are the people who make things happen behind the scenes, ensuring projects run smoothly and we meet the needs of our collaborators.
- Andrew Emery - Project Manager
- Catherine Roderick - Project Manager
- Linda Hellard - Business Liaison Officer
- Jordan Lloyd - Project Administrator
- Laura Sivyer - Administrative Officer
- Joshua Ford - Administrative Officer (Finance)
- Manon Barbier - Contracts Officer
Our data scientists will work with you to tackle real challenges facing your business.