Engagement Administrator, CASCADE
I am a Part Time Assitant Engagemenet Officer at CASCADE. I work with Rachael Vaughan the Child, Young Person and Carer Engagement Worker at CASCADE, in the Children’s Social Care Research and Development centre.
I assist with providing advice, guidance, and support to involve children, young people, parents and carers within the Centre’s research plans and individual research projects.
I also work for the Arts Council of Wales managing artist interventions in schools as part of their Lead Creative Schools scheme.
I am also an independant Visual Artist who specialises in interdisciplinary approaches to painting.
I have previously worked for First Campus, an inter-institutional Widening Access organisation for over four years.
Cardiff University 2021. Assistant Engagement Officer on the CASCADE Project. Supporting the Engagement worker to involve children, young people, parents and carers within the Centre’s research plans and individual research projects.
Creative Agent, Lead Creative Schools, Arts Council of Wales 2020. Two-year freelance contract managing artist interventions in Primary Schools.
Artist, Self Employed 2006. This involves running workshops, collaborating with researchers to develop engagement strategies / art works and selling work commercially. Identifying and self-initiating a range of projects, talks, residencies and workshops. I have exhibited nationally and Internationally. (Freelance)
Significant Projects / Commissions
Dec 2019 Working with Professor Collins at Reading University to support the Soil Security Programme event at The Royal Society, London. Later, producing a commissioned piece.
Jan - Sept 2016 Willows High School Learning Centre Project, assisted with the community redevelopment of a high school learning centre and ran the outreach educational content for First Campus.
Sept 2014 Project managing Hospitality and Inclusive Dance projects for First Campus. Working with disabled and able-bodied children in South Wales to raise educational aspirations in deprived areas.
Jan - Mar 2014 Science and Arts project with Cardiff University cancer stem cell research department (ESCRI) and GCSE students at Heolddu Comprehensive. Funded by the Princes’ Trust.
2012 -2013 Unnatural Selection, ACW funded project. Exhibitions, surveys and seminars exploring links between audiences, art and science. With guest speakers, Professor Samir Okasha, Bristol University Philosophy of Science and Professor Clive Cazeaux, Cardiff Metropolitan University Arts Department.
May 2021 ‘Wild Pigment Project’ Conference exhibition with Wild Pigment Project US. Online (COVID)
Januray 2019 ‘Paint Dada’ at Oriel Canfas with Andre Stitt, Jo Berry, Lara Davies and others
August 2018 ‘Everything Now’ Beep Painting Biennial, Swansea
Sept – Nov 2014 The […] Space, Mission Gallery, Swansea
Sept 2014 Black Cube Collective Annual Show, Edinburgh
July 2014 ‘Video Game Lands’ with Third Person View, Sheffield
Anrhydeddau a Dyfarniadau
Awards and Grants
- Nov 2018 AXIS Web new art highlight.
- July 2018 Nominated for Cardiff Met Community Engagement Award.
- March 2017 Deutsche Bank Music In Schools Award’ winning project. (Visual Arts consultant)
- Nov 2014 Shortlisted for ‘The Space’ Digital Arts Award
- Nov 2012 Grant from Arts Council Wales for ‘Unnatural Selection’ (£5000)
- July 2012 Selected for AXIS Web’s ‘Out and Beyond Program’
- May 2010 Winner of the Student Prize Welsh Artist of the Year 2010
Safleoedd academaidd blaenorol
- Constellation Tutor Cardiff School of Art and Design (CSAD) from Nov 2016 - 19. Employed by Cardiff Metropolitan University to teach theory on the Constellation lecture series and supervise dissertations. (Freelance)
- Swansea Metropolitan University 2013. Guest lecturer delivered two seminars and tutorials.
Ymrwymiadau siarad cyhoeddus
Lectures and Presentations
- March 2020 Co-Curated and arranged online hosting of ‘Cardiff Public Uni’ with Dr Taubert, Cardiff.
- March 2015 Presented to Contemporary Art Society Wales
- Sept 2013 Panellist at AXIS arts agency’s seminar ‘Continuing Practice in the Arts’
- March 2013 MA Lectures and tutorials at Swansea Met on ‘Colour Theory’ and ‘Art and Science’.
- July 2012 Presentation on Art and Science at Cardiff Science Festival 2012
- Feb 2012 ‘Art / Science and the work of Phil Lambert’ Lecture at CUBRIC, Cardiff University Psychology dep.
- Lambert, P. (Feb 2021) ‘Hedgrow and Field – SSP Commission’. Consilience. (Issue 4). [Online] Available From:https://www.consilience-journal.com/ (Cover Art)
- Weightman, A. Searchfield, A. Lambert, P. and Thomas, J. (Jan 2021). ‘Searching for research studies in children’s social care: some techniques and tools’. What Works For Children’s Social Care. [Online] Available from: https://whatworks-csc.org.uk/research/
- Lambert, P. (April 2012). ‘The illusion of colour and Space No.1’ Artist Newsletter. (April, 2012) (Cover Art)
June 2021 - Pigments Revealed Symposium - Sabine Pinon, Melonie Ancheta, Tilke Elkins, Heidi Gustafson. US
June 2021 - (Re)imagined Landscapes Symposium –Bristol University Environmental Humanities
May 2021 - CiviCon21 The Civic Movement: Universities Working in Partnership, Civic University Network, Sheffield Uni.
Oct 2020 - Growth/Waste: New (Normal) Materialist Decay Series - UCL Institute of Advanced Studies