We at the Cardiff Branch of Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol are responsible for developing Welsh medium education in the University.
What we do
We increase the opportunities available to students to study our university courses through the medium of Welsh and connect our students to opportunities offered by the Coleg such as:
- becoming a Coleg Cymraeg Ambassador
- studying for the Coleg's Welsh Language Skills Certificate
- work experience opportunities.
Staff can also benefit from:
- information about opportunities to apply for staff funding via the research scholarship and Associate Lecturer Scheme.
- become a 'trainer' and create learning modules on y Porth
- participate in training workshops and staff development
- networking opportunities such as research conferences, launches and national events.
All students and staff can become a member of the Coleg by registering online.
Studying in Welsh
Cardiff University attracts a large number of Welsh speaking students from all parts of Wales.
Read more about reasons to choose Cardiff to study through the medium of Welsh.
Y Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
Translated, the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol means 'National Welsh College'. It is generally known, however, by its Welsh language title. Its main aim is to increase, develop and broaden the range of Welsh medium study opportunities at universities in Wales.
It is a national body which plays a key role in planning, supporting and developing Welsh medium education and scholarships at universities in Wales.