Our collaborative partners
Cardiff University is one of five partners within the Cardiff Chinese Medical Research Collaborative.
The other partners are Peking University, Capital Medical University, Sun Yat-sen University and Yiling Group.
The Cardiff University – Peking University Cancer Institute (CUPUCI) was established in 2011 after £5.4M investment. Joint projects focus on some of the most aggressive forms of cancer, including gastrointestinal cancers, pancreatic cancer, lung cancer and endocrine-related cancers and on cancer metastasis, angiogenesis, biomarkers and new methods of cancer treatment, including alternative medicine such as traditional Chinese medicine.
More about Peking University:
- Founded in 1898.
- The top ranked university in China.
- Ranked number one in China for the treatment of the top six cancers.
- One of the world’s premier universities.
- In the top five Higher Education Institutions in Asia.
Capital Medical University
The Cardiff University – Capital Medical University Joint Centre for Biomedical Research was established in 2012. The Cardiff University China Medical Scholarship has already supported more than 50 Chinese medics in the last five years. Cardiff University’s work with Capital Medical University won the International Collaboration category at the Times Higher Education awards in 2011.
More about Capital Medical University:
- Capital Medical University (CMU) founded 1960.
- Ranks among the top academic medical institutions in China.
- Purported to be the world's largest medical university, with 22 affiliated hospitals and more than 23,000 hospital beds.
- Research projects include breast cancer metastasis, brain metastasis and gastrointestinal cancers.
Sun Yat-sen University
- Sun Yat-sen University founded in 1924
- Consistently ranked among the top 10 universities in mainland China
- An internationally renowned university
- A leading medical School in China, among the top ranked
- A large affiliated hospital system
- Joint project work focusing on breast cancer with a view to expanding to other areas in future
- Work supported by the Henry Fong Family Foundation
The Cardiff University – Yiling Group Joint Medical Research Centre was established in 2013.
More about Yiling Group
- Yiling Group Medical Research Institute was formed in 1992.
- One of China's high-tech pharmaceutical companies, devoted to research and development, manufacture and marketing of new medicines.
- Products listed in the China's National Formulary and Health Insurance list.
- Founder Professor Wu received the top national innovation award for his ground-breaking theories in medicine.
- Research work has focused on the health benefits of the Chinese herbal medicine Yangzheng Xiaoji and on the development and advancement of new treatments for cancer and infectious diseases, with a particular focus on Chinese medicine.
- They offer scholarship opportunities for Chinese medical scholars, enabling them to undertake study and training in the UK.
Stay up-to-date with information on our annual international conference.