Support for entrepreneurs
The Enterprise and Start-up Team can support you as you develop skills for business start-up, self-employment and innovation.
Alumni can access the following services for up to five years after graduating:
- networking opportunities
- guest speaker events
- skills and business start-up workshops
- one-to-one business advice
- access to free start-up office space (limited availability).
Further information is available on the Enterprise Facebook page.
SPARK is the annual ideas competition for Cardiff University students and graduates with a total shared prize pot of over £20,000 worth of cash and support available.
Win a share of £1000
This early stage competition is to help you kick-start a bright idea, be it a business, product, service or social enterprise.
Applications are open until 5 November 2017.
There are two entry categories to choose between:
- Plan is for anyone with a developed business idea that is almost ready to launch.
- Venture is for anyone already running a businesses, commercial project, or freelance operation which has been trading for less than 2 years.
Shortlisted applicants will be expected to present their idea to a panel of judges and will also be invited to the SPARK celebration and awards evening.
Applications for SPARK will open on Monday 20 November 2017.
- All current Cardiff University students
- Cardiff University graduates from the last three years.