Careers and employability
The latest statistics show that 95% of our students are either working full-time or undertaking further study within six months of graduating.
With the increase in the demand for Welsh graduates across a range of sectors, graduates from the School are often very attractive to employers. Preparing students for life outside of the University is an important element of the School’s work. We offer a number of modules, for undergraduates and postgraduates, related to Welsh in the community and the workplace, allowing you to make your mark on bilingual Wales in the 21st century.
Graduates from the School have gone on to work in institutions such as:
- Welsh Government
- Welsh Assembly Government
- Office of the Welsh Language Commissioner
- Translation companies
- Production companies e.g. Boomerang and Tinopolis
- Schools and Colleges
- National Folk Museum Wales
- National Library of Wales
- Publishing presses
- Less obvious institutions e.g. Cardiff International Airport and Cardiff City Football Club!
The University’s Careers & Employability Centre offers a number of advice sessions and workshops for the benefit of students and through the medium of Welsh.