Dr Kate Gilliver
Telephone:+44 (0)29 208 74258
Location:John Percival Building 4.04
- The Roman army
- Roman military history and archaeology
- Roman campaign camps
- Roman military discipline
- Siege warfare in the Roman world
- The ‘rules’ of ancient warfare
Kate Gilliver (2007) “The Augustan Reform and the structure of the Imperial army”, in ed. Erdkamp, The Blackwell Companion to the Roman Army, 183–200.
Kate Gilliver (2007) “Combat in the late Republic and Empire”, in eds. Sabin, van Wees & Whitby, Cambridge History of Ancient Warfare, 122–157.
Kate Gilliver (2007) “Display in Roman Warfare: The appearance of armies and individuals on the battlefield”, War in History 14.1, 1–21.
Kate Gilliver (2002) Caesar’s Gallic War. Osprey.
C.M. Gilliver (1999) The Roman Art of War. Tempus.
- Life in Ancient Rome - 10 credits (HS4358)
- The Roman Army - 20 credits (HS4367)
- Ancient Warfare - 20 credits (HST009)
- Understanding Texts - 10 credits (HST011)
I am happy to supervise PhD students in areas relating to the Roman army and Roman military history and archaeology.
I run a biennial Study Tour to Rome.