We currently have 2 Research Associate Vacancies. More information about both jobs are on the Cardiff University job website.
Research Associate - Co-evolving interactive place-based systems
Cardiff University's Sustainable Places University Research Institute is seeking to appoint a Research Associate to contribute to research on sustainable place making in the context of key environmental challenges. The post-holder will focus on the interrelationship between social and ecological processes, their environmental consequences and implications for sustainability.
- To conduct research on the interrelationship between social and ecological processes, their environmental consequences and implications for sustainability.
- To contribute to the overall research performance of the Institute and University through the production of measurable outputs, including bidding for external research funding, publishing monographs and peer-review academic journal articles, paper presentation at conferences, and the recruitment and supervision of postgraduate research students.
- To develop research objectives and proposals for own or joint research, including research funding proposals
- To undertake administrative tasks associated with research , including the planning and organisation of projects and the implementation of procedures required to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- To prepare research ethics applications as appropriate
- To review and synthesise existing research literature within the field
- To participate in Institute research activities and to liaise with appropriate Schools
- To build and create networks, both internally and externally to the University, to influence decisions, explore future research requirements and share research ideas for the benefit of research projects and to contribute to impact.
- To engage, as appropriate, in Institute and University teaching initiatives
1. Postgraduate degree at PhD level in a related subject area
2. An established expertise and proven early-career portfolio of research within at least one of the following research fields: Ecology, Social sciences, Natural Resources Management
3. Knowledge of current status of research in an appropriate specialist field
4. Proven ability to publish in journals and other academic outlets
5. Proven ability to be successful in competitive research funding both individually and as part of a team.
6. Relevant professional qualification(s)
7. Proven ability to work without close supervision
8. Proven ability to adapt to the changing requirements of the Higher Education community.
9. Evidence of ability to participate in and develop both internal and external networks and utilise them to enhance the research activities of the Institute.
10. A willingness to take responsibility for academically related administration.
This position is full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: £31,342 per annum (Grade 6)
Closing date: Wednesday, 25 November 2015
More information on the Cardiff University job website. Search Reference Number 4013BR