Dr Charles Heard - BA PhD
Telephone:+44 (0)29 208 75819
Member of the School's Drug Delivery & Microbiology Research Discipline
- Targeted dermal/dermatological delivery
- Development of novel transcutaneous and transdermal delivery systems.
- Rational design of pro-drugs/co-drugs
- Probing mechanisms of topical drug delivery
- Natural products (particularly anti-inflammatory and anti-infectives)
Module leader: PH2108 Instrumental Analysis. This module teaches the student about the major methods of analysis relevant to pharmaceuticals and drugs. The module also involves a collaborative dissertation which introduces the student to in-depth literature searching and critical review writing.
Contributes also to PH1115 Physical Pharmacy and PH2107 Formulation Science