Prof Wolfgang Drexler
- 1984 - 1991: Electrical Engineering at the Technical University Vienna, Austria (1991: Master of Science; 1995: PhD)
- 1991 - 2000: Assistant Professor, Institute of Medical Physics, University Vienna
- 1998 - 1999: Research Associate @ MIT, Cambridge, USA
- 2000 - 2006: Associate Professor of Medical Physics, Centre for Biomedical Engineering and Physics, Medical University Vienna
- 2001: Austrian START Award from the Austrian Science Fund FWF (most prestigious Austrian research award of ~ € 1.100.000,-- for scientists under 35 years of age)
- 2002 - 2006: Director of the Christian Doppler Laboratory for Laser Development and their Application in Medicine
- 2006: Full Professor of Biomedical Imaging at Cardiff University, Wales, UK
- 2007: COGAN Award from the American Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology for important contributions to research in ophthalmology and visual science.
I am a member of the School Research Committee as well as the School Board. As with all members of the School, I also act as tutor to undergraduates, project supervisor of third year project students and postgraduates. I am a member of the School Examination Board. Since 15 years my teaching experience includes classes (mostly for up to 400 students) as well as examinations in the field of medical physics and biomedical engineering.