Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
My research interests lie in ballistically testing safety lenses and materials used for eye protection in industry
I have been a member of the academic staff here in Cardiff for a very long time and my main role is in teaching and administration. As a qualified optometrist and dispensing optician have an interest in both Low Vision and Dispensing. I supervise the third year Low vision Clinic providing optometric assessment and support to those who find it very difficult to carry out their normal daily tasks as a result of being unable to see clearly. I also teach dispensing to the first and second years and supervise the second year clinics.
In addition, I am the Undergraduate admissions tutor, responsible for the selection of students for our optometry course, and a senior personal tutor providing our students with pastoral care. I also support the Optometry Society whose sole mission is to ensure that all our students have fun.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- Dispensing Optician
- Life Fellow of the College of Optometrists
- Senior Tutor, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University
- Undergraduate Admissions Tutor, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University
Honours and awards
- 2012- Life Fellowship of the College of Optometrists
- Member of the College of Optometrists
- Examiner for the Association of British Dispensing Opticians
- Examiner for the College of Optometrists
Committees and reviewing
- Undergraduate Admissions Tutor
- Member of the Undergraduate Staff/Student panel
- Member of the Board of Studies
- Member of the School Board
My research involves ballistic testing of safety lenses and materials used for eye protection in industry.