Available to: undergraduates and postgraduates
Our only all-female residence, ideally located right next to the Cathays Park campus.
Aberdare Hall was built in 1893 and retains many interesting period features. It is adjacent to the Cathays Park campus and offers both catered and self catered accommodation. During term-time, the catered option provides breakfast and evening meals Monday to Friday and breakfast at weekends.
Please note: although Aberdare Hall is a female-only hall of residence, male visitors are permitted to visit and stay overnight. Aberdare Hall also has male personnel who work within the Hall on a daily basis.
Distance to campuses
|Main Building||Heath Park campus|
|Distance||0.2 miles||1.25 miles|
|Walking||3 minutes||25 minutes|
|Cycling||1 minute||12.5 minutes|
Park Place, Cardiff Bus 95
Please note: the timings given above are only provided as a guide.
|Supermarket||Maindy Road (Lidl)|
|Fast food||City Centre|
|Sports facilities||Cardiff University Fitness and Conditioning Centre
View all of the University's sports facilities
- Self-catered and catered
- Catered (meals are generally served as follows):
- Breakfast - 07:45-09:00 Monday to Friday, 09:00-10:00 Saturday and Sunday
- Evening meal - 17:45-18:30 Monday to Friday
- Please note: meals are not provided during vacations and bank holidays. Occasionally we are required to replace the evening meal with a lunch meal
- Shared bathroom
- Shared kitchen
- Network connection point and Wi-Fi access
- Bicycle shed
- Music library
- Common room society
- 1 room equipped with a flashing alarm and a vibrating pillow, suitable for those with a hearing impairment
Standard residential period (September to June)
|Self-catered, shared bathroom||£4409.08||(2 X £1469.69 and 1 X £1469.70)|
|Catered, shared bathroom||£6035.38||(2 X £2011.79 and 1 X £2011.80)|
|Catered, large room, shared bathroom||£6399.56||(2 X £2133.19 and 1 X £2133.18)|
- +44 (0)29 2087 6481
Senior Assistant Residences Manager
- +44 (0)29 2087 0047
- +44 (0)29 2087 4863
How to apply
Learn how to apply and if you're eligible for guaranteed University accommodation.
|No parking within a three mile radius|
+44(0)29 2087 6476