I am a 4th year PhD student and a Research Associate, working on a project funded by Endeavr & Airbus . My research interests revolve around the security of Industrial Control Systems and Internet of Things devices. More specifically, I research how machine learning methods can be used to defend such systems.
Few of the awards I have won over the past couple of years include:
- Best paper award at the second EAI International Conference on Cloud, Networking for IoT Systems in Italy, 2017.
- Best research poster, Cardiff University, 2017.
- A member of a team awarded 1st place in an open-source intelligence competition, 2019.
Eirini Anthi received a First Class Honours BSc degree in computer science from Cardiff University, UK, in 2016 and is currently working towards the Ph.D. degree in the field of Cyber Security at the same University. Her research revolves around the security and privacy of Internet of Things devices (IoT). Specifically, her work examines the security issues that come along with these devices and tries to identify methods to make them more secure.
Over the past 3 years apart from giving a range of guest lectures and assisting with labs, I have also supervised more than 20 state-of-art research based final year projects in cyber security for both postrgaduate and undergraduate students. Few of the projects I supervised included:
- - EclipseIoT: A network topology to enhance the security of an IoT ecosystem (Led to publication)
- - Investigating the Security and Privacy of a Real-World Internet of Things Environment (During the project the student Identified and reported to the company a vulnerability against the IoT device)
- - Investigation and analysis of security issues in smartphone applications
- - Intelligent Attack Detection for IoT Networks (Led to publication)
- - Investigating Radio Frequency vulnerabilities in the Internet of Things using HackRF (Aim to produce a publication)
- - Cryptanalysis of a Wireless Security System
- - Simulating the Effects of Releasing Malware into the Internet of Things
- - Security Issues, Privacy, and Challenges in the Internet of Things: Vulnerabilities, Threats and Attacks.
- A supervised intrusion detection system for smart home IoT devices
IEEE Internet of Things
Eirini Anthi, Lowri Williams, Slowinska Malgorzata, Georgios Theodorakopoulos, Peter Burnap,
2019-10-31 Volume:6Number:5Page Range:9042-9053
- EclipseIoT: A secure and adaptive hub for the Internet of Things
Computers and Security
Eirini Anthi, Shazaib Ahmad, Omer Rana, Pete Burnap, Georgios Theodorakopoulos,
2018-09-01 Volume:78Page Range:477-490
- Secure data sharing and analysis in cloud-based energy management systems
Eirini Anthi, Amir Javed, Omer F. Rana, Georgios Theodorakopoulos, Antonella Longo, Marco Zappatore, Massimo Villari, Omer Rana, Dario Bruneo, Rajiv Ranjan, Maria Fazin, Philippe Massonet,
2017-10-27 Volume:189Page Range:228-242
- Sensitive data in Smartphone Applications: Where does it go? Can it be intercepted?
Eirini Anthi, Georgios Theodorakopoulos,