Dr Olaya Moldes Andres
Lecturer in Marketing and Strategy
I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Marketing and Strategy at Cardiff Business School.
I have a PhD in Social Psychology (University of Sussex), a MRes in Research Methods in Psychology (University of Sussex), a MSc in Management and Entrepreneurship (University of Sussex), and a BSc(Hons) in Communication and Media Studies (Universidad Complutense de Madrid). I have also did a year abroad as an exchange student at the University of Ottawa (2006-2007) and the University of Sussex (2008-2009).
I have been a lecturer in marketing at De Montfort University, a visiting lecturer at the University of Brighton, and an associate tutor and module leader at the University of Sussex (School of Psychology and School of Business) .
Before embracing in a career in academia, I worked as a Marketing Manager for Hewlett Packard. I also gained extensive experience in direct marketing as a product promoter while pursuing my studies for brands such as Samsung or Kodak, and worked as a communication assistant at a United Nations' conference.
My primary research focus is on identity and motivational processes involved in consumption, the impact of consumption on individual and societal well-being, and the use of consumer products to define, develop, and create interpersonal relationships.
- PhD in Social Psychology (University of Sussex)
- MRes in Psychological Research Methods (University of Sussex)
- MSc in Management and Entrepreneurship (University of Sussex)
- BSc(Hons) in Communication and Media Studies (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
Honours and awards
- 2009 Awarded best student of the year by the department of Business and Management (University of Sussex)
- 2008: Awarded a prize for a Social Marketing Campaign ‘Alcohol and Road’ by Santander Bank
- American Marketing Association
- 2020 - present: Lecturer in Marketing and Strategy,Cardiff University
- 2018 - 2019: Lecturer in Marketing, De Montfort University
- 2018: Visiting Lecturer, Brighton University
- 2013-2018: Associated Tutor and Module Leader, University of Sussex (School of Psychology and School of Business)
- American Marketing Association Summer Conference in Chicago, US (2019)
- British Psychology Society (BPS) - Symposium on Identity, University College London, UK, (2017)
- Annual British Psychology Society Conference, Brighton, UK (2017)
Committees and reviewing
- Ad hoc journal reviewer for Self & Identity and Psychology & Marketing.
- Entrepreneurial Marketing (BST192)
- Business Plan (BST525)
- Self and identity in consumption
- Well-being in consumer settings
- Relational consumption
- Materialistic values
I am interested in supervising PhD students in the areas of:
- Self and identity construction in consumption
- Consumer's well-being
- Conspicuous consumption and materiailstic values
- Relational consumption