Dr Nye Davies
Politics and International Relations
I am a lecturer based in the School of Law and Politics at Cardiff University. My research interests focus on the Labour Party, Welsh politics and political thought. In 2020 I completed my PhD titled 'The Political Thought of Aneurin Bevan' at Cardiff University.
During my time at Cardiff University I have taught/currently still teaching on the following modules:
- Introduction to Government
- Introduction to Political Thought
- British Politics since 1945
- Comparative European Politics
- Comparative Politics: Protest, Power and Populism
- Modern Welsh Politics
- Themes and Debates in Contemporary Comparative Politics
My current research draws on my PhD thesis, which explored the political thought of Aneurin Bevan. I am currently continuing that work by studying the significance of Bevan to Labour Party politics and his legacy today. In addition to this, I am also interested in researching the Labour Party, its political thought and the party's role in Welsh politics.