Dr Daniel Finnegan
I'm an Assistant Professor (Lecturer) working on human perception in Virtual Reality with the Complex Systems group. If you are interested in pursuing a PhD or other postgraduate supervision with me, please read this information first. Please visit my personal page: http://users.cs.cf.ac.uk/finnegand (https mirror)
I've worked on many projects over the years. Please see my personal page for more info
- 2018 - Present: Co-director of Echo Games, a community interest company (CIC) developing serious games for a social change.
- EngD 2012 - 2017, University of Bath: Worked on human perception in virtual reality. As part of my EngD, I worked in London at a small software media agency developing audio games.
- BSc 2008 - 2012, University College Dublin: Final year project involved sensor technology and computer vision to detect moving objects in video.
Bath Spa University, October 2018; Guest Lecture on Using Git & Github for Project Management
Sherborne Science Cafe, July 2018; Invited lecture on Perceptual Based Design for Virtual Reality Environments
Cardiff University Brain Research Imaging Centre, May 2018; Invited lecture on Using $latex$ for Open Science
Pint of Science, May 2018; Public Lecture on Spatial Perception in Virtual Worlds
University of Bath, February 2018; Guest Lecture on Games for a purpose titled: Games (Beyond Games)
University of Bath, October 2017; Guest Lecture on auditory user interface design titled: Auditory Interfaces
Bath Spa University, November 2016; Guest Lecture on Binaural Game Design and Development
Audio Engineering Society, February 2015; 56th Conference on Audio for Games
Bath College, February 2016; Careers Day for A-Level Students
Committees and reviewing
- ACM CHI; Proceedings of the ACM on Computer Human Interaction
- ACM IMWUT; Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable, and Ubiquitous Technologies
- PLOS One; Public Library of Science Journal
- ETRI Journal; Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute